Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sesame Street 2nd Birthday Party for the Trio

My kids L-O-V-E all things Sesame Street.
So for their 2nd birthday, we threw them a Sesame Street themed party.
They were in hog heaven!


First off, I made them all their own Sesame Street shirt featuring each of their favorite characters, personalized with their name and the number 2.
I found little plain t-shirts at Hobby Lobby for $2.99 each and printed out the designs using my regular ink jet printer and iron-on transfer paper (for dark fabric) from Staples.


I also made my daughter a pink sparkly tutu to go with her Abby Cadabby ensemble. 
Armed with an elastic band and 3 rolls of pink tulle,
I followed this tutorial from Family Fun for a no-sew tutu.

To complete the kids' Sesame Street get-ups, 
we also ordered them each a hand-made Sesame Street hat from Etsy.com.
They turned out super cute!


The invitations were made using Photoshop Elements.


I also made the Thank You tags for the cookie bags using Photoshop.


For the decorations, I made a Happy Birthday banner using my Cricut and the Elmo's Party cartridge.


Other Sesame Street characters were also sprinkled throughout the house.


I kept the food easy and kid-friendly by serving pizza, punch, goldfish crackers, 
a variety of candy and Sesame Street cupcakes.


Guests were encouraged to wear party hats :)


The kids had a blast...




and I really enjoyed putting it all together.

The party is long gone now and I have all of the leftover decorations, 
which I would hate to throw away, 
so...
if you would like the banner, characters, the hats, and a few leftover thank you tags,

 
leave me a comment with your email address by Saturday, April 30th 
and I will send them to you, free of charge!
If more than one person leaves a comment, I will use random.org to select a winning recipient. 

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Jonas would LOVE a sesame street Birthday in August, and we'll take everything you have you creative little genius! How are you????

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas! Would you mind emailing me the file for the Thank You tags? Would love to use it for my daughters birthday.

    jordansfirstbirthday@gmail.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also love the file for the tags if you can share them, thank you much

    macbarbie@gmail.com

    thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you still sharing tags? they are great!
    shellbell959@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too would love the tags file... Can u pls send?

    Natalie.burrows@auspost.com.au

    Thanks in advance!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an inspiration....I would also like the thank-you tag file please:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo!! What wonderful inspirations....May, I please have a copy of the thank-you tag file, please? Pretty Please with Sugar on Top (as my 2 yrd would say. Thanks in advance, Jenna gloriousevents@ymail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! i love your party! Can I please have a copy of you of your file/template? Im throwing my baby's first birthday w a sesame street theme.
    E mail is frandippity@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm throwing my son at Elmo party and would love to have the file for the thank you tags and invites please. My email is Keyana.nelson78@yahoo.com

    Thank you
    Keyana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! love the thank you tags!
    would you mind sharing the file
    thnx!
    j_mo831@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything turned out so cute! I am doing a sesame street party for my little girl's 2nd birthday party as well. Can you please send me the file for the tags too? Thank you!

    alyshakochik@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Drop me a line so that I know you were here!