We FINALLY got one nightstand built, painted, put in the bedroom and accessorized.
Now we just have to finish one for the other side of the bed...
It looks SO much better than our old nightstands.
Here's a reminder of what we had BEFORE:
And here's the AFTER:
I think it is so pretty!
We built it using THESE plans from ana-white.com
I ended up modifying the measurements from the plans to
make it a little smaller so it looks
a little more like a nightstand and a little less like a bookshelf.
It was super fast and easy to build
(the time consuming part was the sanding, priming and painting!).
And the best part is it only cost us about $50 for all of the materials
for BOTH nightstands.
I already had all of the accessories (the lamp, clock, plant, books, jar)
that I put on the top half of the nightstand, I just shopped around my house.
I made the artwork (do you call text artwork??) by typing one of my favorite Bible verses in Word using the font "Rough Typewriter" that I downloaded from dafont.com.
Then I stuck the document in a cheap frame from Fred Meyer.
I wanted to corral all of my books and keepsakes so that they didn't clutter up the shelves,
so I found these baskets at Pier 1 ($15 each)
and was able to use a $10 off coupon that I found on the internet!
Using some of my scrapbook supplies,
I made the tags for the baskets using letter stickers and tied them on with twine.
Here is a PDF of the Bible verse I framed and hung on the wall.
Feel free to download it!
Here is a PDF of the Bible verse I framed and hung on the wall.
Feel free to download it!
Linking up to:








Beautiful, Erin! I think the size of the new nightstand looks better next to your bed than the old smaller nightstand. And I love how you have accessorized. You did a great job!! :)
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful weekend.
Beth.
your blog is DARLING. new follower.
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
ReplyDeletewow. your bedroom is just lovely!!!! so calm and serene, but also fresh and cottagey:)
ReplyDeleteOMG. I love this!
ReplyDelete