I love decorating for the seasons and accessorizing our home, however, having THREE toddlers in the house makes this quite challenging.
The trio are at that stage of life where they are curious about everything, which means anything that they can reach, cannot be left untouched (or mangled).
This means I cannot have any accessories on our coffee or side tables.
Silly me, I thought I could set out my vintage soda crate filled with my favorite magazines.
Apparently that was not a good idea.
Nothing can sit on our fireplace hearth either.
Caught in the act!!
Can you see how most of my decorative twigs have been snapped off and broken?
If a chair sits next to a console table, nothing can be on top of the table that is within reach.
See what I mean?
There can be no tablecloths, centerpieces, or any decorations on the dining table.
Except maybe a lone toy.
So as you can imagine, this year I've left most of my fall decorations packed away in the closet and I've had to settle for just decorating the mantle and hanging a wreath on the front door.
Here's some pictures of our fall mantle (that the kids can't reach!!)
Here's some pictures of our fall mantle (that the kids can't reach!!)
Some random books covered in brown paper so they match
along with some pumpkins I've collected over the years.
My homemade chalk board with a fall quote that I love.
More of my pumpkins and a vase filled with my homemade scented pine cones.
A vine wreath paired with a vintage looking tin star from the craft store.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't even imagine how I'm going to decorate for Christmas this year.
We'll probably only get to decorate the top half of the tree!
I guess these are okay sacrifices considering I have three beautiful, healthy children :)
Linking up with:












Your house still looks great! Last year we really did just decorate the top half of the tree! It looked pathetic, but it was better than putting a baby gate around it. Hahaha.
ReplyDeleteI understand! My kids pretty much limit anything decorative from about 3 ft up. I love your mantle! It's layered all lovely and your pumpkins are so different! I love the different textures, great job! I'd love for you to join my weekend link party! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI love it! I know what you mean about things not being close to the ground. My daughter never "means" to destroy things...it just kinda happens:)
ReplyDeleteYour fall decorating is really nice!! And I love the photos of the munchkins getting into stuff. They are so cute! :)
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great weekend.
Beth.
Ohh I know all about the decorating that seems to happen at adult chest height and up lol And lately anything that could be reached with the help of a step stool isn't save either! It's not like they want to destroy things ... they just kinda love it to death! Your house still looks great and seasonally decorated though!
ReplyDeleteI remember these days! Before you know it...they are all grown up!
ReplyDeleteI think your home looks wonderful!
I just found you and am so glad I did!
Have a wonderful evening
Donna
I love your home and you have some cute kiddos. I just found your blog and I was going through some of your older post. I totally feel ya. I have 7 year old twins and it's only been in the past 3/4years that I have been able to set things on tables and floors for decorating. They still like to rearrange some of my little pieces.
ReplyDeleteTriplets! Oh my. I can't relate to that madness, but with two boys, 19 months apart, I understand not being able to put anything on any reachable surface.
ReplyDeleteYour children are adorable! I'm sure you are extra busy, but your home is beautiful and as you said, your children are healthy. Messes are inevitable :) They really are adorable.
ReplyDelete