Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Wreath Choices...

This is the fall wreath that adorns our front door every year...

and while I love it, it is getting pretty tattered. 
You can't really see it in the picture, but all of the little berry balls have split open, revealing their styrofoam innards.

I'm thinking it may be time for a replacement, 
so I am contemplating making one of these beauties...

Martha Stewart gives a TUTORIAL on her website on how to make this corn husk wreath.

 
I like the look of this non-traditional wreath. It is made using a Styrofoam wreath form with wine corks and dried flowers attached using a glue gun.

This classic dried flower vine wreath is made by doing three groupings of dried hydrangea, grasses, berries, and blossoms that are attached with wire or hot glue to a grapevine wreath base.

This wreath can be constructed on a flat cardboard form using a glue gun. Simply layer on objects from back to front, starting with the artificial (or preserved) fall leaves.

This one could be made for very cheap...all you would need is a wreath form and some artificial sunflowers. The leaves are free because they are real leaves that have been preserved (click here to find out how to preserve leaves)!

How easy would it be to make this wreath by using a simple vine wreath and attaching faux berry branches to it?

The wheat bundle wreath wouldn't take much skill to make. Just attach some sunflowers and ribbon to a bundle of wheat.

Not sure I would hang this one one my front door...wouldn't want birds all over my front porch, but it would look cute on a fence or hanging in a garden.

A horseshoe shaped wheat grass wreath can be made using this TUTORIAL from BHG.

This wreath could be re-created by attaching miniature pumpkins to a circular vine wreath.
(images from the 9 wreaths above came from bhg.com)



An expensive Pottery Barn fall wreath that I'm sure could be replicated for about 1/10th the price!

This looks like a simple wreath made out of preserved or artificial leaves, but if you look closely, it is actually made out of scrapbook paper that was cut into leaf shapes using a Cricut. See this YouTube video on how to make a wreath using your Cricut.

And I love the unique design of this wreath (found at D. Reyne's) made out of pages from an old book.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Choices, choices, choices.
I think I'm leaning towards a wreath made out of book pages.
What's your favorite??

3 comments:

  1. #3 and #4 look very fall festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog by seeing it featured on TCB...& I'm glad she did cuz I am your newest folower! You are very a talented and clever decorator!

    Be blessed,
    Karyl

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so on the same page! I did a blog on wreaths 'adorn the door' recently! Love your blog - and all your creative ideas!

    Best,

    Claudine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Drop me a line so that I know you were here!