Thursday, July 15, 2010

Inspiration Files: Printed Roman Shade

I was browsing around on Better Homes and Gardens online today, looking for inspiring ideas, and I came across this fun idea...

A No-Sew Printed Roman Shade for the Kitchen

By the way, I love everything about this kitchen too. 

The yellow, the white, the open shelving, the sink...

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BHG provides a tutorial for making the roman shade yourself:

"To widen a Roman shade, cut lengths of striped fabric twice as wide as the desired trim width (ours are 8 inches), press in half the long way, then press the raw edges under 1/8 inch. Glue the pressed edges to the shade, one to the front and one to the back, overlapping slightly. Print letters one per page in your favorite font. For the silverware, check the Internet or clip art books for an image and enlarge it on a photocopier. Put the patterns under the shade and trace in pencil, then outline with black fabric marker and shade as needed. Hang shade and tack the trim to the window."

I'm not quite clear on how you "hang the shade and tack trim to the window" though. 
What does that mean!?

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by! Drop me a line so that I know you were here!