Friday, November 12, 2010

Shutters

I had been looking for something to add to our mantel to give it a little more depth. 
Our fireplace sits against a huge wall and sometimes the things that I put on our mantel get swallowed up by the big wall.

So while I was out junkin' one weekend, I came across a pair of shutters that were just the right size to sit next to the mirror on our mantel. 
How did I know they would be the right size?? 
Well I carry a handy dandy little tape measure in my purse at all times, or course!


The shutters weren't very pretty when I bought them (for 10 bucks!).

This is actually a picture of the backsides (looks the same as the front did) because I got too excited and spray painted the fronts before I took a 'before' picture!

 Speckled red paint on the trim with bad gold paint on the louvers.
Nothing a little sand paper and spray paint couldn't fix though!

And viola! 
Here is how they look now after a few coats of Valspar Warm Grey spray paint. 

Pretend you don't see the beginnings of my Christmas decorations, just look at the pretty shutters!

Now I think I need to paint the ginormous wall behind it - ugh.

Linking up to:

5 comments:

  1. Very nice!! And I am so excited to start decorating for the Christmas season. The day after Thanksgiving! Yay!! :)
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
    Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shutters! Drooling over your beautiful mantel.
    You are so clever to carry a tape measure w/ you!
    I am going to have to find a mini one! Ours weighs a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shutters look beautiful! I have a tv over my fireplace :( My hubbie loves it and it is super nice to have it up and out of the way but I miss out on decorating my mantel... Oh well, I guess that means I just get to drool over everyone elses :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative and see things I would never see. I love the shutters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shutters look so smart and beautiful...so exciting.

    window shutters clayton, ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Drop me a line so that I know you were here!